Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lula #10

So I finally set aside some time to scan some of the magazines I've read lately (the To Read pile is still massive though...) The latest Lula is stunning, always a delight to read - and something I always do v slowly. Boaters and pastel were a massive feature in the whole issue (lucky Brits with spring upon them).

And We All Shine On
Chanel Iman does pastels and nerdy/ladylike pieces without looking saccharine. The tones look amazing on her skintone. Unfortunately I would look like a total dick in these (blonde hair + head-to-toe pastels = barbie much?).

Lady Bird
This editorial (accompanying a v interesting interview with the crazy-talented Luella Bartley) so makes me think of my little sis - she is a total cupcake fiend. I love this collection from Luella - totally delicious. Cute, ladylike, iron and just a bit messed up.

Hold On To Your Hat
Im still obsessed with boaters (thanks Marc and Lover), unfortunately with our lovely schizophrenic Auckland winters they would be a v silly option. So I shall just admire beautiful shots like these and bide my time for spring.

This Side Of The Blue

Je T'aime
Love these washed out, sun-bleached florals. I adore anything Liberty-esque - I've been thoroughly (and gratefully) overexposed to their beautiful fabrics my whole life. Merci mama.

To Be Your Friend
And this is just too pretty. Every little girls dream. Love how they have paired the usually slick and futuristic Rodarte laser cut leather leggings with sequins and tulle - super fresh take on this fab piece.

Bow Wow Wow and A Dreamy Day Of Dreaming You

I love love love this Isabel Marant ad... Seriously coveting patchwork at the mo. Have a patchwork vest in my sewing pile - will def have to wait until mid semester break unfortunately.

No comments: