Monday, March 9, 2009

PFW: Jean Paul Gaultier, Haider Ackermann

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
Love these two looks from the Gaultier collection. Amazing details on the first; studded jacket, fringed pants - slick and black. Really love the look Tallulah is sporting ont he right. For some reason I always love flashes of visible nude underwear (partly sexy but also very functional underwear - creates an almost humorous contrast). I like how the massive rich fur is thrown over basics (and pretty much underwear) - very Edie. And I die for thosel laser cut boots (reminiscent of the fantastic leggings from Rodarte's Spring 09 collection). Its such an amazing technique - Australian designer Dion Lee uses it alot too (this guy blows my mind, will def be posting on him soon).
HAIDER ACKERMANN
The collection from Haider Ackermann is insane. Zip fronted pants make legs go on forever. Stunning gold fringed scarves.
There were some amazing metallic pieces; the jacket fabric of the jacket really shows of its folds and layers. I covet that chainmail-like top on the right (it can go on the same In-My-Dreams wishlist as these).
I love a long skirt when it's done well. These are gorgeous, and lifted to another level by the pieces they are teamed with; soft, architecturally draped leather jackets, fringed and embellished scarves.
Source: Style.com

No comments: