Friday, December 19, 2008

Le Box Noir


I made a (first) trip to Black Box in Grey Lynn yesterday and was v impressed! The new(ish) boutique is stunning - interior, vibe and stock. It is the baby of Stolen Girlfriends Club's Dan Gosling - naturally they have the largest (and best) collection of SGC I've seen. 



The labels that caught my eye were SGC, Shakuhachi, Something and Ksubi - they also stock Chronicles of Never, Friedrich Grey, Therese Rawstone and others. And apparently in the future they will have the full Ksubi Line (not just jeans, sunggies etc).. Although with the current trouble Ksubi is apparently in that will remain to be seen oui?

While I was there I tried on a few stunning things, a black chunky cable knit crop top (insane!) but Shakuhachi that actually was cute and wearable! And these SGC pieces...

The image of the dress really doesn't do it justice - its silk and the peace sign is done with delicate lace applique. It felt like wearing a really comfortable tee! Unfortunately the smallest they had was an NZ10, and while it fitted and did look ok (was meant to be baggy) it really did swamp my frame (I wear a 6 usually). Sigh.. So pretty. Oh well I suppose I have just got a similiar(ish) Karen Walker Dress.. But I heart this one too!

Anyway definitely go check Black Box out - the staff are really nice and helpful too! Not intimating or snobby like some boutiques.

No comments: