Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Outnet: Balmainia

I feel like a blatant fix of Balmania. A ton (no joke) of it has popped up on The Outnet lately, so I spent the whole other night salivating over all of it.

One of the iconic looks I associate with Balmain under Christophe Decarnin is silver embelishd black pieces, be they bejeweled jackets or sequin encrusted dresses.

On the flipside, I have always been a sucker for the Little White Dresses that pop up every season. Kindof "Groupie Goes To A Garden Party" dont you think?

Their infamous distressed skinnies have been hot property for seasons now - I particularly love the pairs with the detail at the knees.
Left to Right: Zip-detail Narrow Jeans, Stonewash Biker Jeans, Distressed Denim Jeans.

That sequined top is undoubtably one of my favorite pieces ever - from the Spring 08 collection (one of my all time most loved collections from anyone ever) it is surprisingly timeless and trans-seasonal. I'm not gonna lie, I would wear this with EVERYTHING.

That black lace tee with killer shoulders from Spring 09 is also an all time favorite, and likewise would actually be super wearable (as opposed with uber-embellished mini dresses).

And while I love their OTT animal print jackets, that tee grabs me a lot more - simplicity, comfort etc.
Left to Right: Leopard Print T-Shirt, Leopard Print Leather Jacket, Zebra-print Calfskin Blazer.

And I will always be a sucker for the tie-dyed print pieces from the afor-mentioned and much beloved Spring 08 collection. Although my favorite of all were the tie-dyed flares that Erin Wasson was seen out and about in.

I love all the detail shots - the beadwork, sequins and mesh are dreamy.

And, I will always ALWAYS love this dress.
Source: The Outnet

Ps: Sorry guys, some of the pieces sold out before I could go back and add links to them!!!

No comments: