Friday, February 20, 2009

NYFW FALL 09: Phi & Doo.Ri

As you all know by now, I definitely have a thing (fetish? obsession?) for black leather - so I understandably die for what Phi did with it in it's Fall 09 collection. Amazing use of texture and linear elements (and zips! More zips!). I think the sheen of leather is always amazingly complemented by the rich, deep colour of velvet - and also the softness and luxury of fur. These looks are perfect examples of how all black outfits can be so interesting.

Similarly, I am also a total magpie. Love these molten dresses and star sprinkled lace tights from the Doo.Ri collection. Dark yet glittery and metallic - and definitely not your typical sparkly, girly dresses. Also love the middle look with its fur, beading and sheerness. And the makeup and hair of this show was standout for me - soft loose ponytail, boyish side part, fair (washed out even) skin and dark lips.
Source: Style.com

No comments: