Tuesday, February 24, 2009

LFW: Richard Nicoll, Christopher Kane, Twenty8Twelve,

For the second season in a row I was really impressed with Richard Nicoll. The Fall 09 collection is refined and stark, yet still warm and soft - achieved I think by the use of creamy fabrics (as opposed to harsh whites) and the genius use of layering and textures. I love the strong linear elements and lingerie detailing - they really play up the contrast of structure versus softness.
And as I am a total magpie, I love the strong use of textured gold  - fun and shiny and luxe, whilst still emphasizing the structure of the pieces.

More on this linear look that I'm loving right now, Christopher Kane (as always) produced a great collection. Strong black lines on sheer fabric created the most amazing patterns and shapes - and constrast the vividness of the line with the sheer fabric. I also love the oversized sweaters he showed.

A collection that surprised was Twenty8Twelve by Sienna and Savannah Miller. The strong points for me were the tight jeans, sheer black, leather jackets and the Balmain-esque green sequin dress. The shoes rock too.
Source: Style.com

No comments: